40231Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: Shockingly Fishy Conclusions

  • jimmygoff2001
    Jul 14, 2014

      BL: It has been said about former Pres. Richard Nixon that when he started a statement with the words 'Let me make one thing perfectly clear . . .' you knew he would be telling a lie of some sort."

      The same could be said of Obama. His favorite catch phrase is "Make no mistake." Others include "Here's the deal" and variations on "Let me be clear." These phrases are quite typically followed by lies. For instance:

      "I have been as clear as I can be. Under the reform I've proposed, if you like your doctor, you keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan. These folks need to stop scaring everybody. Nobody is talking about  you forcing … to change your plans." - Obama, lying in a Raleigh, NC town hall meeting (July 29, 2009)

      And:

      "I just want to be completely clear about this. I keep on saying this but somehow folks aren't listening — if you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan.  Nobody is going to force you to leave your health care plan.  If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor." - Obama, lying in a Grand Junction, CO town hall meeting (August 15, 2009)

      http://www.languagemonitor.com/politically-incorrect/make-no-mistake-obamas-favorite-buzzwords/

      http://www.politifact.com/obama-like-health-care-keep/

      Jim in Missouri
    • Show all 309 messages in this topic