29886Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: Has Evolution Really Been a Help?

    Oct 23, 2012
      From: gluadys
      To: OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:36 AM
      Subject: [OriginsTalk] Re: Has Evolution Really Been a Help?

      > Kurt: Good points and good question. We can all benefit from the sincere study of nature from both evolution-minded and creation-minded folks. Just reading Origin of Species is a huge undertaking for most of us, I respect it. My concern is the unjustified authority evolutionary theory enjoys.

      GLU: In science, evolution enjoys exactly the same authority as any other theory well-grounded in and substantiated by relevant evidence and capable of stimulating additional research in the field. No more, no less. This is not unjustified. It is the basis of justification for all scientific propositions. I would challenge you to find a better one.

      LA> Your claim has been shown to be completely wrong by evolutonists who have admitted that the Creation Scientists "regularly routed" their evolutionary opponents in what was a decade of hundreds of open, public, scientific debates! One example is the following from a noted evolutionary Biologist;

      --------------------------------

      "Why do creationists seem to be the consistent
      winners in public debates with evolutionists? . . .
      We biologists are our own worst enemies in the
      creationist-evolutionist controversies."

      "We must no longer duck this and other issues
      related to biology and human affairs, and when we do
      face them we must think clearly and express ourselves
      accordingly. We may still not be consistent winners in
      the creationist- evolutionist debates, but let the
      losses that occur be attributable to other than lapses
      in professional standards.

      ("Evolution/Creation Debate," Bioscience, Vol.30, January 1980, p. 4)

      Laurie.

      "No wonder paleontologists shied away from evolution for so long. It never seems to happen."
      (Niles Eldredge, eminent evolutionist, 1995)

      ,

      No virus found in this message.