A polymeric micro-optical interface for flow monitoring in biomicrofluidics

  • Fluidics
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2010
      A polymeric micro-optical interface for flow monitoring in
      biomicrofluidics We describe design and miniaturization of a polymeric
      optical interface for flow monitoring in biomicrofluidics applications
      based on polydimethylsiloxane technology, providing optical
      transparency and compatibility with biological tissues. Design and ray
      tracing simulation are presented as well as device realization and
      optical analysis of flow dynamics in microscopic blood vessels. Optics
      characterization of this polymeric microinterface in dynamic
      experimental conditions provides a proof of concept for the application
      of the device to two-phase flow monitoring in both in vitro experiments
      and in vivo microcirculation investigations. This technology
      supports... fluidics <http://www.fluidics.eu>