some problems about organic electronics

  • zhengchunliu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 4:36 PM
      (1) We often say p-type or n-type molecular materials. Can someone
      explain why some materials are n-type whereas some others are p-type?
      Are there any certain doping methods and doping mechanism for organic
      semiconductors?

      (2)Charge carriers in molecular materials are widely accepted to be
      solitons, polarons and bipolarons. What are the connections between
      these carriers and the holes (or electrons)?

      (3) In conducting polymers, carriers like solitons, polarons and
      bipolarons are believed to be produced by defects. Then will these
      defects behave like charge traps? Can we say conducting polymers have
      intrinsic charge traps?

      Any discussions are appreciated.