In last 7 days
- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
This group has the advantage of a large and knowledgeable membership without the burden of excessive and inane posts. If you are looking for a chat group; this isn't it. Posts must be on topic and friendly; the "no chat" rule is enforced so that we may all get the information we need to raise chickens organically, without wasting valuable time that could be better spent with our livestock and families.
You are expected to own at least one book on the care of chickens. If you can afford to keep chickens, you can afford to spend $10 on a book. You are expected to read it before asking questions here.
For chicken emergencies that may require non-organic intervention, visit the following site. The group is very large; you often get a response in minutes: http://groups/yahoo.com/group/dom_bird/
VISIT OUR WEBSITE BELOW FOR LINKS TO DOZENS OF RECIPES FOR MIXING YOUR OWN CHICKEN FEED AND CHICK STARTER, INCLUDING SOME THAT ARE FREE OF SOY. YOU WILL ALSO FIND THE BEST BOOKS ON KEEPING POULTRY, TIPS ON CHOOSING A BREED OR BREEDS, AND LINKS TO THE MOST HELPFUL WEBSITES.
Click on Database at left to:
* locate (or create) a co-op in your area that orders organic chicken feed in bulk
* find sources of organic feed in your area
* find sources of organic whole grains and seeds for making your own feed
* find sources of natural supplements for your chickens
* find breeders on this forum
To find useful information already discussed on this forum, search the
archives by clicking on "Messages" at left and then typing in your
search key words.
- Sep 3, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.