Winged Migration

  • alazere
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2003
      The Academy Award nominated documentary Winged Migration is now
      showing at Edwards South Coast Village (800-555-TELL). This is the
      only Orange County venue. The photography is stunning.

      Andy Lazere
      Laguna Niguel
    • DW Emory
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2003
        I went to see the film last night at Edwards South Coast Village, and it is
        truly spectacular and well worth seeing for anyone interested in birds.

        I noted during the long credits at the end that at least some of the bird
        flocks were trained. Most of the in-flight sequences were taken from
        Ultralight aircraft.

        There is one notable error in the sequence showing Western Grebes in their
        mating rituals. They are mis-identified as Clark's Grebe.
        DW Emory <danemory@...>
      • Lilith Mageborn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
          Is the documentary "Winged Migration" still showing anywhere in Orange
          County?

          Thanks,

          Sue Jorgenson

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • DW Emory
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
            Edwards South Coast Village. Times are 12:35, 2:45, 5:00, 7:30, and 9:50

            DW Emory <danemory@...>