Santa Barbara?

  • Lilith Mageborn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2003
      I likely will be up in Carpinteria and Santa Barbara between the 22nd -
      25th, so if anyone knows about birding, especially around Carpinteria,
      can you let me know what you recommend?

      I was just cleaning out my inbox and I ran across my post about the white
      tailed kite. Something I said may have been misconstrued - I commented on
      the eye markings of the WTK, and that could easily have been misconstrued
      as a misidentification of an osprey. What I had MEANT to say was how
      striking the eyes were in their black eye rings. Sheesh. I need to read
      my own writings a bit more carefully. That WTK was a thrill!

      And I wanted to thank those who responded about the bird feeder and rats
      situation. I may slip some seeds to the California Towhees who live in
      our cypresses, but I will now go over to hummingbird and finch feeders,
      as well as intensify my bird-friendly gardening. I can't have birdbaths
      as my mother is deeply concerned about West Nile virus and mold issues -
      so I am working within such parameters.

      Again, thanks!

      Sue Jorgenson
      East Anaheim