Purple Martin SJWS

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2014
      Noting the completely overcast weather, I decided to take a walk around San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary tonight after work. As I drove up I could see a large swirling mass of swallows being harassed by a Peregrine Falcon. Later around sunset I found a male Purple Martin in this same mass of birds above Pond 3. It's comparatively massive size made it immediately stand out. Hopefully with the weather it will stick around till tomorrow morning. Cliff, Tree, Barn, Northern Rough-winged, and Violet-green Swallows were all present.

      Tom Ford-Hutchinson
      Irvine, CA
    • Tom Benson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2014
        As far as I can tell, the Purple Martin is not present at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctary this morning, March 26.

        Tom Benson
        San Bernardino, CA

        Sent from my Galaxy SĀ®III