Red-throated Loon

  • martlit <martlit@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Spotted a Red-throated loon in the channel between Harbor Island Drive and
      Linda Isle just past the bridge leading on to Linda Isle. It was a adult bird with
      the dark red shield on the anterior aspect of throat. Much white mottling on back
      and fairly thin bill. The bird was swiimming toward Harbor Island and the
      turning basin in Newport Bay.
      Mildred and Martin Litke
      martlit@...
    • Don Hoechlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2015
        Had my first Bolsa Chica Red-throated Loon just now from the walkbridge at PCH Don Hoechlin. Costa Mesa

        Sent from my iPhone