Yorba Park- Varied Thrush

  • Trish G
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2014
      I finally got a very brief 5 second view of the Varied Thrush at Yorba Park this morning around 10:30.
      There were 5 birders there, and It was first spotted by another birder up in a pine tree NE of the fenced in area in the same vicinity it has been regularly reported.
      After that, a short walk down the river trail yielded a continuing female Common Merganser in the same spot I had her a week ago, just past the west end of Yorba Park.

      Earlier in the morning I had a single Bullock's Oriole at Santiago Park in Orange, where Doug Willick has been reporting seeing 1 or 2 birds wintering there.

      Trish Gussler
      Anaheim