Bank Swallows at SJWS

  • Tom Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2013
      I spent the day (Sep 6) birding around Orange County. I started at the Santa Ana River between Lincoln and Glassell where I had a Solitary Sandpiper but not the Ruff. I then went on a whale watching trip out of Newport, where the total of my pelagic bird count was one Parasitic Jaeger,  10 Pink-footed and 15 Black-vented Shearwaters, and 15 Red-necked Phalaropes. I spent most of the rest of the afternoon looking unsuccessfully for White-winged Doves at various locations. I ended up at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary where I had a Loggerhead Shrike south of Campus and at least two Bank Swallows in a large flock of Barn Swallows over pond 1 at dusk.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino,  CA

      Sent from my Galaxy SĀ®III