White-winged Dove SJWS

  • thomasf_h
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2013
      I was surprised to have a White-winged Dove fly past me at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary tonight (~6:15pm).  The bird flew over Pond D heading Southwest with a Mourning Dove.  It was a nice comparison between the long-tailed MODO with light wing beats and the very short-tailed and stocky WWDO with its heavy wingbeats.  Both birds flew off towards Pond 2 where I lost sight of them (and most likely into the UCI Marsh).

      On a completely different note here are some other interesting FOF dates that I had only previously reported on ebird;

      8-25-13 - FOF Yellow-rumped Warbler @ SJWS
      8-14-13 - FOF Wilson's Snipe @ SJWS

      All the best,
      Tom Ford-Hutchinson