Ruff

  • condor262001
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
      I observed the Ruff, with help from several others including Doug Willick up to around 1 PM
      on Saturday. It was a few hundred meters east of Lincoln but well west of the drop structure. It was generally with or near a group of Dowitchers. Although the short bill helped in locating the Ruff, the ruffled feathers, that blew up with the breeze were very diagnostic.
      I posted a set of pictures on flickr that illustrate this effect.

      Jim Hecht
      Hermosa Beach CA

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/25876581@N00/sets/72157635320193941/
    • condor262001
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
        In my post I meant 100 to 200 mupriver (not east) from Lincoln and well downriver (not west) from the drop structure for the location of the Ruff. Using east and west was incorrect or at least confusing.

        Jim Hecht