Little Blue Heron follow-up

  • tombenson76
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hi all,

      I just wanted to point out that the immature Little Blue Heron at Upper Newport Bay was originally found and photographed on August 16 by Gene Udwin. It was not reported to Doug Willick until August 23, and it was looked for extensively last weekend with no success, and sporadically earlier this week. It was not posted to the group because it was assumed to have moved on, which now turns out to have been an erroneous assumption. Hopefully the Little Blue Heron will remain at Upper Newport Bay and be as cooperative as it was today.

      I have posted some photos of the Little Blue on my Flickr page, as well as some more photos of the Ruff from this morning.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino, CA

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/