Early Yellow-rumped Warbler at HCP

  • nicholsand
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2013
      About 11;40 a.m., while sitting at a picnic table under the sycamores
      just southeast of the island area at Huntington Central Park, I noticed
      a Yellow-rumped Warbler on the ground associating with a bunch of doves. At first I noticed the warbler typed bill, then a light yellowish throat. Eventually, it showed the yellow at the base of the
      rump.

      On the way back to my car, I mentioned the bird to Pat Cabe. She said she had heard a Yellow-rump calling in that general direction earlier,
      but had dismissed it. -- Jim Roe, Seal Beach