Bolsa Chica

  • cany
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 28, 2013
      On Saturday, I was able to get some shots of the Surf Scoter which remained today, but at least when I was there today (10-noon or so), the Scoter was out in the middle of the lagoon. Also seen yesterday and today Black-bellied Plover; three yesterday near the viewpoint just past the walkbridge and today, the bird came closer and closer to the inland end of the walkbridge as it foraged. Also seen yesterday on the bay side of the fenced in area just past the walkbridge was one Ruddy Turnstone.

      On the way home I stopped to look for the White-tailed kites near Irvine Lake and found a Northern Harrier. I pretty regularly check this area for the kites (which, I'm happy to report, fledged four young this year) and since January have not once seen a Harrier in this vicinity so I was pleased to see it. It eventually vanished over the southerly ridge which I believe is the head of Orchard Hills in Irvine.

      Sherry Meddick
      Silverado
    • Don Hoechlin
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 25, 2016
        Tree Sparrow not found but Eastern Phoebe, Long-tailed Duck still present and Burrowing Owl and Loggerheaded Shrike were also seen from Brightwater Trail. Don Hoechlin. Rancho Mission Viejo.

        Sent from my iPhone