2 Horned Larks in Bolsa Chica

  • Rick 'Proto-rustie'
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi birders, there were 2 Horned Larks in the fenced off nesting area of Bolsa Chica. Is this unusual? I saw them tonight at 7:35. Use the PCH parking lot. Walk straight across the bridge to the fence. Turn left and walk along the fence and look inside. They were foraging near the fence. I was hoping for Snowy Plovers but no dice. The HL is a good substitute.

      Rick Shearer
      Huntington Beach