Re: San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary July 4th

  • Wendy Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2013
      After I saw Trish's post, I decided to go over to SJWS to see the grebe
      chicks. They were indeed as far away as possible, but I was so glad to see
      them in person. I got this shot of one chick riding on mom's back and the
      other swimming alongside. I don't know if the two chicks are the same
      size, but if so, it's amazing that the chick still fits on mom's back! I
      also saw a skimmer skimming on Pond D, which is a great place to get some
      good shots, especially as the sun is starting to go down. Happy 4th of
      July!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wemesq/9213827540/in/photostream/

      --
      Wendy Miller