Re: Mystery Bird Call from Aliso Wood-Canyon Regional Park on 6-30-13

  • revup67
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
      The tally for the most probable match for this call was the Yellow-breasted Chat. I believe there were 7 votes total for this, 2 for the Western-Screech Owl, 1 for the Northern Mockingbird, 1 for the Mourning Dove and 1 for the Greater Road Runner.

      Some of you indicated since their calls are diverse and even sometimes bizarre, this particular call would more than likely be from this species. Additionally, I had made a positive ID for a Yellow-breasted Chat which I had photographed earlier in the vicinity.

      Many thanks to all that offered their kind assistance.

      Anthony Gliozzo
      Mission Viejo