Re: Ross's Goose at Eisenhower Park

  • glepper@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20 5:12 PM
      The Ross's Goose seems to be a year-round resident. I saw it in December, and it's been there ever since. Fairly tame & confiding, gets fed by people all the time. I believe Doug Willick reported the same bird a few months ago.

      Since Eisenhower has been mentioned... there used to be two very large trees across the street from the park on Canal Street where dozens of Turkey Vultures roosted... well, not anymore. About two months ago or so those very big, mature trees were cut down. I was wondering if anyone knows where the Turkey Vultures are roosting now.

      --==--
      Garett Lepper
      Orange