Re: dark and very light Eurasian Collared-Doves

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2013
      Hi Edana,

      I've looked through several series of photos from other observers of the Mile Square Park flycatcher, and my reaction to date was that it was probably a Dusky, but I just wasn't fully convinced. However, with your even lengthier series of photos, I now agree with the identification of it being a Dusky. Other photos have suggested a moderately lengthy primary projection, which is obviously problematic for a non-calling Hammond's/Dusky. However, the overall impression from your photos is of a moderately lengthy bill and a moderately lengthy tail, and, in combination with other features, indicates, in my opinion, a Dusky.

      regards, Jim Pike