Re: San Clemente Estuary 5-10-13 - update

  • revup67
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2013
      Thanks to a JVPowell who pointed out the photo of the Blue-gray Gnatcatcher had an extended black cap and a faint eye ring. This led to conclude its more of a fit for a California Gnatcatcher than a Blue-gray

      In addition, I had one photo of the flycatcher that was not posted online. In passing this up to the whatbird.com forum it appears its more apt to be a Willow Flycatcher than Pacific-slope also due to a less obvious eye-ring. One user commented: "Sibley's shows a bit of tear-drop in western Willow's, actually. If this were late summer, I'd agree that you might get a Pac-slope this gray, although I would still expect the yellow on the undersides to extend to the chin. But in May, the yellow should be quite distinct."

      if anyone wishes to see this photo please drop me a note as I can share in the photo section.

      Anthony Gliozzo
      Mission Viejo