Recent Sightings

  • thomasf_h
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2013
      Apart from Benson's previous report I have had several other interesting sightings over the past couple of weeks;

      Male Greater Scaup at Bolsa Chica 5/11 (w/ Bas Van Schooten)
      2 Hammond's Flycatchers at Fremont Staging Area 5/11 (OC Spring Count)
      FOS Willow Flycatcher at Mason Regional Park 5/10 (reported by Michael Mavrovouniotis)
      Female Yellow-headed Blackbird at SJWS 5/05
      Red-breasted Nuthatch at Los Pinos Trailhead 05/04 (w/ Robert McNab)
      Townsend's Solitaire @ Los Pinos Trailhead 05/04 (found by Robert McNab)
      Bank Swallow at SJWS 05/04
      Female Purple Martin at SJWS 05/04 (Seen by Bruce Aird and myself)

      SJWS= San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary

      Also;

      I analyzed the a sonogram of the singing Troglodytes Wren seen at Los Pinos (04/25) and found that it matched Winter Wren. The plumage is also more consistent with Winter Wren. The checklist and photos can be found here;

      A photo I took of the Ruff (5/05, found by Doug Willick) can seen here;
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77523243@N00/8713713457/in/photostream

      Tom Ford-Hutchinson
      Irvine, CA