Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Ross's Goose and a few migrants

  • Ryan Winkleman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2013
      Just visited Eisenhower Park. The Ross's goose is still here in the Lincoln
      lake. At the time I saw it, it was swimming around with two domestic
      mallards and a normal mallard.

      Ryan Winkleman
      RSM
      On Apr 14, 2013 11:14 PM, "Doug" <doug.willick@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Today (14 Apr.) I dropped by Santiago Oaks Regional Park for a few hours,
      > hoping to see what sort of migrants might be about. Although there was a
      > modest variety of things, numbers of even the commonest migrant species,
      > for this date, were fairly low. Later in the day, dropped by Eisenhower
      > Park, but ended up only looking at the small lake at the bottom of the
      > park. The only highlight here was an adult Ross's Goose. I presume, due to
      > its semi-tame behavior, the bird has been here awhile. Although there were
      > a lot of Canada and Egyptian geese at the lake, the Ross's seemed to prefer
      > the company of a single pure white domestic duck. From the looks of things,
      > unfortunately, it didn't appear to me that the duck shared the same
      > feelings.
      >
      > Doug Willick
      > Orange, CA

    • chris_morrison1
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:18 PM
        Thanks for the report, Ryan. I made there after 7pm and he was still there.

        Ross's Goose
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/8699957525/in/photostream

        Chris Morrison
        Orange, CA