Bolsa Chica and Huntington Central Park

  • chris_morrison1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
      Having been traveling for the past several weeks, I was playing catch-up today and lots of great birds.

      While searching for Dunlins and Knots at Bolsa Chica, I was buzzed by our friend the Peregrine again. I seem to have rather good luck there. I never did find Red Knots, but notables were Dunlins, Pacfic Loons, and Least Terns.

      Peregrine Falcon
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/8687105577/in/photostream

      I followed with a trip to Huntington Central Park. Notables were Black-chinned Hummingbirds, Black-throated Grey, Townsend's and Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireos, Ash-throated Flycatchers, Brown-headed Cowbird and Western Tanagers. I only really managed a photo of the Hummingbird. The others were quite high in eucalyptus trees.

      Black-chinned Hummingbird (Female on nest)
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/8688270984/in/photostream

      Chris Morrison
      Orange, CA

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/