flicker at work

  • Rick Shearer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      It was fun to follow a red-shafted flicker visiting the trees around
      the Boeing parking lot today at lunch time. Boeing Huntington Beach
      that is. The Boeing campus here is big and has lots of trees ringing
      it. I'm not real good at birding yet but I have seen a great horned
      owl hanging around for a few months, kingbirds, warblers, Cooper's
      and Red Tail Hawks, wrens, the ocasional robin, black phoebes galore,
      and some American kestrel. I'm sure if they paid me to bird instead
      of analyze I'd find some more variety.

      Rick Shearer
      Fountain Valley