Bald Eagle- Irvine Reg. Park

  • Trish
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013
      I headed over to Irvine park this morning shortly past 8:00
      I parked by the zoo, took the stairs down and across the riverbed I went. i hung a left on a dirt trail, and walked a short way, and lo and behold, a Bald Eagle was roosting in a tree. I managed to get some shots before it bailed out quickly.
      Here's a link to my Flickr Album
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/

      It was a very nice day for birding!
      Below is my E-bird list

      Wood Duck (Aix sponsa) 8
      Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 8
      California Quail (Callipepla californica) 1
      Indian Peafowl (Pavo cristatus) 10
      Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 4
      White-tailed Kite (Elanus leucurus) 1
      Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) 1 Across the river from the zoo, perched in a tree. I walked right up on it. Have photos.
      Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) 4
      Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 1
      American Coot (Fulica americana) 20
      gull sp. (Larinae sp.) 50 All up overhead quite high. Probably going to landfill
      Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 6
      White-throated Swift (Aeronautes saxatalis) 10
      Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna) 4
      Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin) 6
      hummingbird sp. (Trochilidae sp.) 10
      Acorn Woodpecker (Melanerpes formicivorus) 30
      Nuttall's Woodpecker (Picoides nuttallii) 6
      Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 2
      American Kestrel (Falco sparverius) 2
      Lilac-crowned Parrot (Amazona finschi) 4
      Amazona sp. (Amazona sp.) 20
      Black Phoebe (Sayornis nigricans) 2
      Western Scrub-Jay (Aphelocoma californica) 6
      American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 10
      Common Raven (Corvus corax) 30
      swallow sp. (Hirundinidae sp.) 50
      Oak Titmouse (Baeolophus inornatus) 20
      Bushtit (Psaltriparus minimus) 20
      House Wren (Troglodytes aedon) 6
      Cactus Wren (Campylorhynchus brunneicapillus) 2
      Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) 10
      California Gnatcatcher (Polioptila californica) 1
      Wrentit (Chamaea fasciata) 6
      Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) 1
      European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 20
      Yellow Warbler (Setophaga petechia) 1 At the bird bath
      Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata) 6
      California Towhee (Melozone crissalis) 10
      White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys) 10
      Bullock's Oriole (Icterus bullockii) 1 Adult Male in the bird bath inside the railroad tracks.
      American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 2

      Trish Gussler
      Anaheim
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/