Pelanconi Park in Anaheim

  • csulbbill
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2013
      Disclaimer: I'm a bad birder.
      I've recently discovered Pelanconi Park in Anaheim (just south west of the 91 and Imperial Hwy). It's near my house and I bird there once a week. I'm surprised that there aren't any posts by other birders about this little park – it's the perfect size for before/after work birding. Last week's highlights were Wilson's Warbler, Dark-eyed Junco, and Northern Flicker. This morning's list is below and includes an Ash-throated Flycatcher (admittedly, it could have been a misplaced Brown-crested. See disclaimer above). If you happen to go check out Pelanconi Park, please post or send me your list – it'd sure be nice to have an idea of what to look for.
      Happy Birding
      Bill Straits

      Red-shouldered Hawk Buteo lineatus (by ear only)
      Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis
      California Quail Callipepla californica
      Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
      Anna's Hummingbird Calypte anna
      Allen's/Rufus Hummingbird Selasphorus sp.
      Nuttall's Woodpecker Picoides nuttallii
      Black Phoebe Sayornis nigricans
      Ash-throated Flycatcher Myiarchus cinerascens
      Hutton's Vireo Vireo huttoni
      Common or Northern Raven Corvus corax
      Bushtit Psaltriparus minimus
      Bewick's Wren Thryomanes bewickii
      House Wren Troglodytes aedon
      Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottos
      California Thrasher Toxostoma redivivum
      Common Yellowthroat Geothlypis trichas
      Brown or California Towhee Pipilo crissalis
      Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
      House Finch Carpodacus mexicanus
      Lesser or Dark-backed Goldfinch Carduelis psaltria
      Scaly-breasted Munia or Nutmeg Mannikin Lonchura punctulata