Black-throated Green continues in Santa Ana

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
      During a lunch break today (29 Mar.) dropped by the Fairhaven Memorial Park/Santa Ana Cemetery (SAC) complex, and found it relatively quite busy (I guess not surprising due to it being the Good Friday/Easter weekend). Was able to eventually find the first-winter male (type) Black-throated Green Warbler that has been here since at least 1 November 2012. The bird was in the same oak grove in the northeastern corner of SAC where it's fairly reliably been present since its initial discovery (and as usual, it was by itself). Elsewhere, several Chipping Sparrows were hanging on, but other than the "Bt Green" no other birds of note were seen.

      Doug Willick
      Orange, CA
    • chris_morrison1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
        I checked him out this evening and his was easy to find with Doug's description. I wasn't sure whether I expected to see him or not, and once I found him in binoculars, I ran back for my camera.

        Black-Throated Green Warbler
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/8602208446/in/photostream

        Chris Morrison
        Orange, CA