Re: Golden Eagle at Tucker

  • chris_morrison1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2013
      I was very disappointed in not getting a photo of the Golden Eagle yesterday, so I went out this morning....on a mission.

      I had preselected the spot to be based on my previous day's observations. I had studied my maps and readied my gear the night before and set out for an early morning hike well in advance of the times he'd been seen recently. Of course, he was early today. He had taken wing before any other raptors. I was still setting up my camera and out of the corner of my eye, I saw his dark wingtip below the ridge. I grabbed my camera and ran flat-out to the edge where I had seen him. He was still below my feet and at this point he started to pass me to the west and head south towards the sun and was soon backlit. All I was able to get were 4 photos....1 mediocre and 3 unacceptable. They were all really unacceptable due to focus issues (point versus servo for you photographers), but I managed to salvage one that at least shows him pretty well. Note his head it out of focus due to photographer error. It's my first Golden Eagle shot and as much as I'm disappointed it wasn't perfect, I was so elated to be looking down on such a magnificent bird.

      It was a very good morning.

      Golden Eagle
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2dpsky/8586265651/in/photostream

      Chris Morrison