Our FOS hooded orioles & a mountain chickadee in MV

  • naturegirlaol
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
      Today we had our first-of-season Hooded Oriole in our yard ... it was interesting to see him quickly find the one hummingbird feeder in four that we modified a few years ago so that the orioles could drink from it easily, leading us to think he's been here in past years- a rewarding thought. :)

      At the Palmia retirement community in Mission Viejo this afternoon we saw/heard a few more Hooded Orioles on the fan palms and at least one Mountain Chickadee in the pine trees among the year-round birds hanging out around the little golfcourse.

      Joan & Brett Rubin
      Mission Viejo