Least bittern continues at San Joaquin

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      I stopped off at San Joaquin WS on the way to work this morning, and briefly saw the continuing least bittern at Pond A. This took place just after 8 am. The bittern was on the west side of Pond A, about 10 yards or so from the northwest corner of the pond. He was standing on the water's edge, but after a minute or two, he retreated back into the reeds and did not re-emerge during the half-hour that I was there.

      I've been trying for years to see that species....hope it won't take years to get a second look.

      Charles Baker
      Tustin