Re: male Summer Tanager at Peters Canyon Regional Park

  • mrsmeckle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013
      I was able to get this bird today. I stopped by Peters about 6 this evening and found the summer tanager exactly where Jonathan described it, right around the area where the palms are just south of where the trail splits between level ground and that super steep hill, between the level trail and all those houses or whatever those things are. I never got a visual on it, but the thing was (way) more than occasionally giving its call. It would not stop vocalizing. Played the iBird call to myself to verify the ID and it was a dead ringer. Wish I had gotten a look at the bird but maybe I'll try again sometime soon.

      Ryan Winkleman
      RSM