Greater White-fronted Geese

  • thomasf_h
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      This afternoon there were 3 Greater White-fronted Geese by the entrance to Mason Regional park. These are most likely the same birds that are/were roosting at SJWS. Photos can be found on ebird; http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S13433303 .

      I had a FOS Western Kingbird at the UCI ecological reserve; http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S13431629 .

      I also found a very yellow Western Kingbird at Bolsa Chica near the end of Bolsa Chica Street yesterday. Maybe this could be the bird that people were reporting as a Tropical Kingbird?

      Elegant terns are back in force. I had 20 at Bolsa Chica and ~150 at the Seal Beach pier yesterday.

      All the best,
      Tom Ford-Hutchinson
      Irvine, CA