Violet-Green Swallows at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary

  • Michael M
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013
      Today (March 7) at 1 pm my wife and I observed several Violet-Green Swallows in SJWS, over ponds 1 and 3. Cliff, Northern Roughwing, and Tree Swallows were also abundant.

      An unrelated curious observation: For the last 2-3 weeks (including today) I've been seeing a single Western Meadowlark in the same small strip of lawn next to the Woodbridge High School tennis courts on Lake Street in Irvine. It's always just one (hence my assumption that it's the same one), in an area that doesn't seem like great habitat. I wonder what keeps it there.

      Michael Mavrovouniotis
      Irvine, CA