Albino pigeon at SJWS? + gulls

  • mrsmeckle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
      Went to SJWS after work yesterday and got a good number of species and a few new year birds for me. I also found this albino bird, which I'm guessing is a rock pigeon? Can anybody verify the species on this or is it too difficult to tell? It was in Pond E and this was the only shot I could get before it took off.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rswinkleman/8520688053/in/photostream

      Also saw thousands upon thousands of gulls flying overhead toward the ocean. I was there for about an hour and a half, and they were easily flying over for at least an hour. Does anybody know where they are all coming from? I could not ID to species, sorry. I am bad with gulls when they are on the ground, let alone flying over me. :-(

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rswinkleman/8520688305/in/photostream/

      On a semi-related note, isn't there somewhere in Dana Point on the beach or somewhere where you can go to view a bunch of different gull species at once? Would now (not today but just now in general) be a good time to see them?

      Ryan Winkleman
      RSM