Brant at Bolsa Chica

  • S_Shinn
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
      This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
      Time was about 4 PM

      Steve Shinn
      Long Beach
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
        Steve,

        Do you have any other photos of this bird that might better show what appear to be bands on its legs? There appear to be blue and white bands on the left leg, and possibly a silver band on the right leg. This is worth reporting to the Bird Banding Lab online.

        Jim Pike
        HB

        --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "S_Shinn" <sshinn@...> wrote:

        > This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
        > Time was about 4 PM
        > http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16989594
        >
        > Steve Shinn
        > Long Beach

      • Bernardo Alps
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2013
          Hi Jim.

          The bird has a dark blue marker with the code 23Z in white on the left tarsus. There is no federal band. I have reported it to BBL but not heard back yet.

          Take care,

          Bernardo

          --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "S_Shinn" wrote:

          > This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
          > Time was about 4 PM
          > http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16989594
          >
          > Steve Shinn
          > Long Beach