Next Week in Orange County

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002
      Norm...and OrCoBirders....

      Next week, from Oct 10 through 13th, Orange County hosts the Western
      Field Ornithologists annual meeting. There are field trips planned
      for Friday through Sunday morning...and some post meeting field trips
      as well.

      Members of WFO and Non-members are welcome to these events...but there
      are fees and registration.

      According to the Website...
      www.seaandsageaudubon.org
      which has the program and the fees, the deadline has passed for early
      registration (and saving of $$$)...but one can still register for the
      events. (Of course I haven't registered yet.... oh well).

      Events include a BBQ on Friday night at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
      and a talk by Phil Unit, and a Poolside Banquet at Ayres Country Inn
      in Costa Mesa on Saturday...with a talk by Bob Pitman.

      Norm.... nonmembers of WFO can join the early morning field trips for
      $12.00 a trip.

      Now group.... let me suggest something. Looking at the field trip
      schedule, the places most heavily to be used are: Huntington Central
      Park, San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary, Upper Newport Bay, and Bolsa
      Chica Preserve. I'm willing to compile a FULL species list for those
      locations to help the group field trip leaders (including myself) know
      what birds have been seen in those locations. During the next 8 days,
      if you visit one of those areas, PLEASE send me a complete list of the
      birds that you have seen...and the locations of the more interesting
      species. Thanks....

      Joel Weintraub, Dana Point, CA