Peregrine on the Chase building

  • mrsmeckle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      Sorry for the re-post, word of advice: the "rich-text editor" is not ready for primetime yet! Here's a clean version that should be easier to read.

      Yesterday I found what may be a resident peregrine falcon living on the Chase building off the 5 at El Toro. The north side of the building is COVERED in whitewash, and the south side a little bit as well. When I first saw it it was chowing down on breakfast but I didn't have binos or a camera so I revisited it today to snap the pictures below. Does anybody know anything about this bird? Does it have a mate, is it nesting there, or am I the first one to report it at that location? Be sure to check out the third picture, it was great timing while it groomed behind itself! ;-)

      Also please keep in mind if you go to check out this bird that it is a fairly busy area right there with a lot of people driving around in the surrounding parking lots and that you may be safer viewing from a
      distance. :-)

      http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/Winkleman/IMG_4962.jpg

      http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/Winkleman/IMG_4963.jpg

      http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/Winkleman/IMG_4966.jpg