Vermillion Flycatcher at Mile Square Park

  • kammcq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      I made a short stop at Mile Square Park today 01/01/2013. I went to the archery range on the far side as you enter from Edinger. I walked toward the fence, and there was a male Vermillion Flycatcher sitting on the fence next to the sign. Kevin's directions were very clear. Thanks, Kevin. I also saw a crow, a few Black Phoebes, a Turkey Vulture, a flock of about 50 Mourning Doves in the trees, Goldfinches--hard to tell which kind, and lots of American Coots. I get a quick look at a kingbird, but did not get enough of a view to know more than that.

      Karen McQuade
      Fountain Valley