Laguna Niguel -Red-Naped Sapsucker

  • Trish
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2012
      Early this afternoon I found a female Red-naped Sapsucker in a tree down by the creek, below shelter 3, sipping on some sap.
      She was extremely cooperative, and I got some nice photos.
      This was about the 3rd tree before where the creek goes under the road. It has a large branch bending back into a Sycamore, and the bird was on that branch.
      There are rows and rows of Sapsucker holes in this tree, which is how I found her. I didn't hear her, I just started scanning the tree.

      Good birding

      Trish Gussler
      Anaheim

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/