Santa Ana River - Orange to Lincoln

  • oc2888
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2012
      Today (Monday, Sep 10th) mid morning I walked along the Santa Ana River for the first time this season. The best birds were just upstream of the Lincoln river crossing. Present was a Solitary Sandpiper, several juvenile Pectoral Sandpipers, and a cattle egret.

      The trees along the river were very quiet, best bird was an Ash-throated Flycatcher.

      Note: a bull dozer was working in the river bed just upstream of Orange so I don't know how long the habitate will remain in its current condition.

      Richard Thunen
      Newport Beach