White-breasted Nuthatch at Craig Park

  • samuel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
      Birders:
      Yesterday, I went to Craig Park for a brief walk in the late afternoon, and was very surprised to find a White-breasted Nuthatch in a pepper near the pond. It was calling loudly and acting fairly conspicuously for a Nuthatch. I went to Craig Park several times over the summer and never saw this species, so I have no idea where it came from; possibly an early migrant/vagrant?
      Good birding
      Samuel Bressler
      Fullerton
    • John Willis
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
        Interesting! I regularly walk through El Dorado Regional Park.  This morning, I watched a white-breasted nuthatch working around the bark of a pine tree in Area II, near Wardlow Road.  This is the first time that I have seen a white-breasted nuthatch in the park even though I keep a watch for them.
        John Willis
        Long Beach, CA