Re: Mystery Bird in Costa Mesa

  • ocbirding
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2002
      First of all, "Thank you" Andy Lazere and Joe Morlan for your responses
      about this bird's ID, a Black-throated Laughing Thrush,
      or is it hyphenated as in Laughing-thrush? I have since found several
      photos on the web which are visual confirmations, and I have phoned A.
      to let her know about what "her" bird is.

      As it happens, we had two mystery birds for a short time yesterday.

      This Laughing Thrush, Mystery Bird in Costa Mesa, was first called in
      to Joel Weintraub/OrCoRBA on 6-2, last Sunday. My first opportunity to
      go see it was yesterday, 6-7. I then posted my observations and photos
      of the bird to OrangeCountyBirding late this morning.

      The red-billed mystery bird in Westminster was reported to
      OrangeCountyBirding only yesterday. I don't know of anyone who has gone
      to see/photo it yet.

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton, North Orange County