Phainopepla in North Fullerton neighborhood

  • samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2012
      While walking my dog about noon today, I looked up and saw a Phainopepla flying relatively high, heading North. It was black and had white wing patches, and flew in a rather delicate manner, unlike the neighborhood mockingbirds which fly in a direct and powerful manner. Unfortunately, I didn't have binoculars, and the bird didn't land. The closest appropriate habitat is probably Carbon Canyon Regional Park. I've never seen them around before.
      Samuel Bressler
      Fullerton