Eurasian Collared-Dove

  • Barbara Boethling
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2012
      Hi,
      Finally identified the dovelike calling I've been hearing recently. Spotted on top of a phone pole near my backyard was a Eurasian Collared-Dove. He has been frequenting the pole for the past few days. It is located on La Palma Circle (a cul de sac just off Patterson Ln) in Huntington Beach. Actually he coos for great periods of time...to the point where it nearly drives you nuts. If he continues in the area, I can hopefully snag a picture or two.

      Barbara Boethling
      Huntington Beach
    • Barbara Boethling
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2012
        Hi Again,
        The UPS man just delivered my tripod, so I ran out back and shot a few pictures of the Eurasian Collared-Dove I posted about earlier. It turns out there is a pair rather than just one. I posted two photos in the Dove Album.

        Barbara
        Huntington Beach