Still two Clay-colored Sparrows at the Santa Ana Cemetery

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 8:10 PM
      Have been expecting these guys to be pulling out any time now, but yesterday afternoon (8 April), making a quick visit once more to the Santa Ana Cemetery, I could only find about four Spizella sparrows on the ground--two of these were the Clay-coloreds that have been wintering here. Heard one or two singing Chippings, in addition to two on the ground, so not sure how many Chippies may have actually still been present (e.g., up in the trees). But certainly the vast majority of the Chipping flock (some 40+ at their peak number) seem to have moved on.

      Doug Willick
      Orange, CA