Pectoral Sandpiper: SJWS

  • Zopteryx
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2012
      (4/8/12) At the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary, I found a PECTORAL SANDPIPER in the southern corner of Pond D. I reported it on "the board" as a Pectoral/Sharp-tailed because I didn't have any references with me at the time; upon reviewing my photos at home, it appears to be a Pectoral. I'll post a couple of photos. Also present at Pond D were three SORA, two GREATER YELLOWLEGS, and a pair of BLUE-WINGED TEALS. At Pond E there were two Whimbrel and at Pond C there were over twenty WHITE-FACED IBIS. A male WOOD DUCK and a CLARK'S GREBE were on Pond 1. The board also had a report of a Black-&-white Warbler seen on 4/6 or 4/5.

      Happy Easter & Happy Birding,
      Zachary Perry
      Ladera Ranch