Dozens of Western Kingbirds in Buena Park

  • Trish
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      After work this evening, I took a walk over to Boisseranc Park, my little neighborhood park.
      There were dozens of Western Kingbirds lined up on the power lines, and they were amazing. Many would take off, and the were kiting above the tops of the trees, presumably fly-catching. Very cool to see so many of them.
      I also had a few dozen Cedar Waxwings.
      I saw a great display of 2 Red-tailed Hawks doing battle with 2 crows, there were several Western Bluebirds, and many really beautiful Yellow-rumped Warblers with really great plumage.
      I also saw several White-throated Swifts flying up high above calling.

      Trish Gussler
      Anaheim