Lewis's Woodpecker

  • MICHAEL STRAUB
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5 4:48 PM
      Thank you first of all on the sighting of the Lewis's Woodpecker.  Went out
      early this morning 3-5-12 and spotted the Lewis's right away near the tree you
      mentioned just over the gate at the end of Black Star Cyn Rd..  By the time I
      reached the tree it was their and I was able to get a couple decent shots.  I
      wish it hadn't been so overcast as the pictures would be better.  Once again
      thanks for letting us know of this bird in the area.  Enjoy the pic's.

      Mike Straub
      Orange, Ca

    • dave_telford
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15
        While watching the Lewis's Woodpecker in the parking lot today at Riley Wilderness Park a flock of way over 100 Band-tailed Pigeons flew in and landed in the trees north end of parking lot. I'll post a photo showing over 50 in the top of a tree.

        Dave Telford
        Huntington Beach